Producer - Kids Podcast
Online | New Media
APM Studios is hiring a part-time and project-based contract Producer or Associate Producer (based on experience level) to work on a podcast for children (and their parents). We’re looking for someone who can work well on a small team, is extremely self-motivated, has good ideas and isn’t afraid to share them, and loves audio storytelling, and thinks about it in an interesting way. The Producer will help us research and produce audio and digital content for a new podcast. The work of the Producer includes scouting stories, conducting research and interviews, and creating a rough audio mix and script after consultation with other members of the Kids podcast team.Position Responsibilities:
● Conducts research to support current stories and helps pitch and develop future stories
● Contributes ideas about story structure and production
● Helps brainstorm and execute ideas about additional digital and podcast content
● Runs audio through transcription software and corrects transcripts
● Performs various administrative tasks, including booking and scheduling interviews
● Other duties as assignedPreferred Skills and Experience:
● Demonstrated journalism, multimedia, and/or podcasting experience.
● Basic Pro Tools knowledge.
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
● The candidate should have experience using audio editing software, preferably Pro Tools (but this is not primarily an audio editor job and is not a sound design job)
● The candidate must be highly organized and able to meet deadlines consistently, and communicate clearly with supervisors.
● The candidate must have strong research skills and the ability to think creatively about how to dig up archival materials, find sources, and track down data and people for interviews.
● Should have experience or interest in working with children and educational subject matter
● Keen ear and ability to think creatively about audio
● Ability to write well and work independently.
● Demonstrated interest in and familiarity with podcasts.
● Ability to manage time and task load independently.
● Ability to learn new computer programs quickly.
● Candidate must be able to type and work on PC-based programs like Windows XP, Word, and Excel, and must possess general computer skills, including Internet research.
● Other duties as assigned.Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
● Must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
● Ability to manage some work outside of standard office hours as needed.
● Physical Demands:
- Required to move about in an office environment and sit for extended periods of time
- Required to move about in the community
- Frequent use of hands for data entry/keystrokes and simple grasping
● Working Conditions: