The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Western Pennsylvania’s largest newspaper and recent winner of the state’s highest journalism honor (Keystone Media Awards), is looking for an innovative and energetic visuals editor to join our award-winning team of photojournalists in one of the most visually vibrant cities in America. The ideal candidate should demonstrate a proven track record of finding the news value in everyday situations and helping the staff deliver high-quality, sophisticated images for multiple platforms. The successful candidate will be responsible for the daily photo assignment schedule, collaborating with editors and reporters on coverage planning, as well as other duties as needed. This editor coordinates and directs photographers to ensure the quality and accuracy of our photos, videos and captions, as well as providing the best photography for all sections of the newspaper.
Duties specific to this role
What will it take to be successful?
– Prior experience at a (preferably daily) media outlet
– Knowledge of photo, video software programs such as Photoshop, Photo Mechanic, Premiere or equivalent
– Experience in editing photographs and captions
– Knowledge of photographic equipment and how it functions
– Ability to supervise the work of others
– Excellent news judgment
– Ability to work under deadline pressure
– Effective communicator; able to get along with diverse personalities
– Knowledge of copyright law as it applies to photography
Education and Experience
Other Things to Know
-- Competitive salary and benefits package
-- As an equal opportunity employer, the Post-Gazette is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive culture, and we encourage members of underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and people with special needs.
We are eager to learn more about you and how you could fit in this role. When you apply, don’t limit your upload to a resume; show us what you’ve done, so include the following:
1. Your resume – one to two pages
2. A cover letter that outlines how you would approach the job
3. A link to your online portfolio and/or samples of your photographic and video work
Powered by Journalismnext