Senior Writer, Content
Job ID: 771
Job Views: 208
Location: New York, New York, United States
Postal Code: 10019
Job Category: Other
Employment Type: Full time
- Works with the director of Editorial and Content Strategy, the managing editor, and other colleagues on the Creative Team, participating in the planning of the Museum's content program.
- Works with colleagues across the Museum to develop compelling storylines for a wide variety of writing and content projects and oversee execution.
- Serves as a writing mentor for MoMA colleagues in developing text for many contexts, including those produced in relation to exhibitions, collection works, and acquisitions.
- Organizes a program of regular workshops within the Museum to focus on the craft of writing across different platforms.
- Conducts research to develop content programs and initiatives.
- Manages the workflow of individual content initiatives as assigned, including budget and timelines.
- Creates and produces creative, impactful content.
- Develops and revises protocols and best-practices guidelines for writing and content production at the Museum.
- Serves as active producer/correspondent for individual content projects as assigned, including writing and researching as relevant and/or participating in other ways (conducting interviews, hosting audio, etc.).
- Encourages relationships with talented outside writers, both established and emerging.
- Works closely with authors and freelance contributors on individual writing and content projects to ensure high quality and timely deliveries.
- Bachelor’s degree and eight or more years progressive experience with proven track record of writing and editorial work in the cultural sector
- Strong knowledge of the arts
- Superior writing, research, and editorial skills, with demonstrated record of accomplishment at highest level of achievement
- Experience teaching and/or coaching writing is imperative.
- Familiarity with workflow for print and digital publications and for video and audio production
- Demonstrated commitment to the highest standards of English-language editing
Application Instructions / Public Contact Information
Please submit your resume and cover letter (preferably in one PDF format), including salary requirements following the accessing the link below:https://recruiting.ultipro.com/MUS1002MOMA/JobBoard/9dbfa465-a36a-46c3-b31e-4929830ab266/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=6d5b697f-541e-47b2-a769-437956f804d1
*Note: Please include a cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.*
The Museum of Modern Art is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Powered by Journalismnext