The Forward seeks an aspiring marketer for a paid internship on the Marketing team. The internship would run for at least 15 weeks. 15-29 hours per week is desired, although work hours are flexible. Forward interns are paid $15 an hour.
Work on the Marketing team will provide the intern with a wide range of marketable skills and experience at an exciting time in our newsroom. This is a great place to work, with a warm, collegial environment, a growing footprint in digital media, and a start-up mentality within a revered brand.
The Forward delivers incisive coverage of the issues, ideas and institutions that matter to American Jews. Now in its 123rd year of operation, the Forward’s rigorous reporting and balanced commentary on politics, arts and culture has won awards year after year.
The Forward is an independent, reader-supported nonprofit committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and justice in our coverage, staffing and culture. The Forward is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from all qualified individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability or genetic information or any other status protected by law.
• Support our digital marketing campaigns via email, social, search and display
• Create and curate compelling content and ads
• Write compelling copy and CTAs for ads
• Report on digital media campaigns
• Design and create visual assets for social media and ads; edit images and graphics (a plus)
• Optimize reader engagement, and grow follower base
• Keep abreast of new digital marketing trends/developments
Collecting quantitative and qualitative data for marketing campaigns
Supporting the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
• One year of marketing experience
• Interest in Jewish life, news, culture and current events a must
• Innovative, strategic, and analytical thinker
• Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency and prioritization skills
• Team player who works well both collaboratively and autonomously
• Organizational and time-management skills• Keen eye for detail and aesthetic; graphic design skills are plus, but not required
Powered by Journalismnext