KAWC News Producer\Host
Job ID: 3336
Job Views: 711
Location: Yuma, Arizona, United States
Postal Code: 85666
Job Category: Radio
Employment Type: Full time
Salary: 41322 per year
August 17, 2020POSITION:
KAWC News Producer/Host (Grant Funded)SALARY:
$41,322 - $43,801, depending on experience. Plus, excellent fringe benefitsSUMMARY OF FUNCTION:
Hosts and produces programs for broadcast on KAWC radio stations. Produces in-depth feature reports. Produces online content for the KAWC website and social media platforms. Provides operational support.TYPICAL DUTIES:
Serves students. Hosts live and pre-recorded programs for broadcast on KAWC stations.
• Uses professional judgment to provide local continuity in national programs.
• Uses independent judgment to select news, write copy and deliver local newscasts.
• Uses independent judgment to produce in-depth news and public affairs features.
• Produced digital content for distribution on KAWC websites and social media platforms.
Supports the daily general operation of all KAWC radio stations. On call seven days a week to respond to off-air emergencies.
• Maintains and updates station web site and social media platforms.
• Cross trained in operation and maintenance of automation systems. Ensures KAWC compliance with applicable Federal Communications Commission rules and regulations concerning proper function and operation of transmitters and Emergency Alert System.
Uses professional judgment to plan and participate in acquisition of station funding support through fundraising events and on-air pledge campaigns.
Support and participate in strategic initiatives and perform other duties as assigned.CLOSING DATE:
Position will close at 5:00 pm on September 7, 2020. First review of applications will begin on September 8, 2020. Position may reopen if suitable candidate is not found.ADDRESS INQUIRIES TO:
Arizona Western College
Phone: (928) 344-7505 / FAX: (928) 317-6001 / TTY: (928) 344-7629
Email: Human.Resources@azwestern.eduAPPLICATION PROCEDURE:
The following materials must be uploaded at the time of application. Any materials submitted via e-mail, fax, or mail will not be accepted. Applications missing any of the below requirements will be considered incomplete and will not be reviewed.
1. Completed Application
2. Unofficial College/University Transcripts
3. Resume or Curriculum Vitae (no more than 3 pages)ARIZONA WESTERN COLLEGE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting or related field, or equivalent experience as radio host or broadcast news reporter.Preferred:
Spanish language fluency, news reporting experience, and public radio experience.Note:
Grant funded and a Five-day work week.
Powered by Journalismnext