Job ID: 2922
Job Views: 334
Location: Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Postal Code: 20001
Job Category: Online | New Media
Employment Type: Full time
States Newsroom, a network of nonprofit news outlets focused on state politics and policy, is seeking a Washington Reporter to provide state-focused national coverage of a broad range of stories for our states.
This reporter will produce daily and enterprise journalism on topics including congressional actions, Supreme Court cases, Cabinet officials, protests, conferences, and other events/topics determined in consultation with the Washington Bureau Chief.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks
- Write weekly trend and feature stories in addition to regular spot news updates as events require
- Generate story ideas with the Washington Bureau Chief
- Pursue story leads with strong self-direction and news judgment
- Assist Washington Bureau reporters with research and pertinent knowledge when/if available
- Collect noteworthy quotes or background information for stories as needed
- Use social media to amplify network content
States Newsroom offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
Send your resume, a brief introductory statement and clips (links or pdfs) to jobs<at>statesnewsroom.com.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with sound news judgment and the ability to simultaneously manage ongoing short- and long-term projects. We require previous Washington reporting and/or editing experience as well as knowledge of federal government, Congress, and the national political landscape.
Powered by Journalismnext