The Center for Public Integrity, an award-winning nonprofit news organization, seeks a seasoned journalist to report about racial inequality. We are looking for a boots-on-the ground reporter who has several years of experience writing about systemic racism and the sources and credibility in communities of color and racial justice movements to back it up.
The ideal candidate will have a deep knowledge of scholarship on issues of race and the history of U.S. civil rights laws, experience using data to report about race and a track record of enterprise and investigative stories that break new ground. The senior reporter for racial equity will work across teams within Public Integrity, covering issues from Election 2020 to federal responses to the coronavirus pandemic, and partner with other news organizations to produce journalism that changes lives and policies. The position will require occasional travel to report in Mississippi and New Orleans and other places in the South.
• Use sources, documents, data reporting, and other journalistic tools to develop, report, and write exclusive stories and investigative projects about racial inequality.
• Collaborate with the editor on story and project ideas, including developing outreach strategies for those projects and stories. Key to those strategies is identifying, building, and supporting reporting and distribution partnerships with news outlets.
• Work with the team leader and the communications, development, and web teams to maximize the impact and reach of these stories and projects, including building an audience using social media tools and creating appealing multimedia and social media content.
• Compile documentation to facilitate fact checking of all articles you write.
• Adhere to Code of Ethics and Editorial Standards and Practices of the Personnel Policy Manual and Employee Handbook.
• Other duties as assigned.
Powered by Journalismnext